Earth Day Shirts

Once upon a time I was looking for a teaching job and decided to go into the shirt painting business, so I did.  Every year since I got that first job, I have been painting shirts with my students.  For the past many years, we have painted these Earth Day shirts that are LOVED by all.  Now, you can do it too!














Just follow these easy step-by-step directions.

1.  Have students put paper bag inside of shirt.


2.  Put brown paint in student's hand.


3.  Paint student's arm (tree trunk) and fingers (branches).


4.  Have student spread fingers, place arm and hand on shirt.


5.  Pull student's arm off shirt. It will be stuck on!


6.  Put green paint on sponge.


7.  Have students use the sponge to stamp leaves on tree.


8.  Place sheet with words inside of shirt.


9.  Trace words with black paint.  WALLAH!!



Helpful Hints:

     Use Scribbles shirt paint--dries quick and washes off students easily, whatever doesn't come off with water will peel off like dried glue.

     Complete in stages--all tree trunks and branches, then leaves, and then words.

     Use simple shape for leaves (squares, rectangles)--easy to cut sponges and easy for students to handle.

     Use large simple font for words.  Print out on computer--makes aligning and spacing it super easy.
  

5 comments

Little Priorities said...

How funny! I do the same shirts! I posted mine on my blog! We also add bugs. Check it out.

Lori
Little Priorities

Tessa said...

Very cute. I'd love to see what other shirts you have created!

Mrs. C said...

I LOVE the shirts! It would be a great addition to the hats we made! Check it out!

www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Kathy, these are awesome! So creative!! My older students would love this too :)

Kristen
Ladybug's Teacher Files

Marlene Detierro said...

Nice shirts. This will raise awareness to everyone about how important it is to take care of our environment. Thumbs up to the organizers.

Marlene
Informative URL for House cleaning Warwick NY click here

Post a Comment

THANKS for taking the time to comment!